- Interned with Drishti Media, Arts and Human rights an organization, which in collaboration with Video Volunteers empowers communities by training them to make films on their own issues through their Community Video model.
- Conceptualized and directed a film for the non profit organization Mumbai Mobile Crèches in Bombay which aims at safeguarding the educational and nutritional needs of children of construction workers on construction sites
- Assisted on the post-production of Nandita Das’s directorial debut, Firaaq which won a special prize at the International Thessaloniki Film Festival in Greece.
- Worked as 2nd, 2nd Assistant Director on Dev Benegal’s Road Movie, which was screened at the Toronto Film Festival, Venice Film Festival and Tribeca Film Festival.
- Conceptualized and directed a series in photography in Bombay by documenting old photo studios in the city as well as looking at the work of different photojournalists for a web based TV channel
- Worked as a research assistant on a book and documentary about Dr. Binayak Sen, the wrongly incarcerated pediatrician and public health specialist with author and documentary filmmaker Minnie Vaid. Binayak Sen was selected for the Jonathan Mann Award for global health and human rights in 2008. He is currently on bail on controversial charges laid by the state of Chhattisgarh in India.
- Assisted in the shooting of a film on the current agricultural situation mainly concerning food grains and vegetables in India with Delhi based Prasar Bharati filmmaker Vani Subramanium
- Written and Directed a short film titled Go Away Closer.
Awards and Achievements:
- Scripted and Edited a 20 minute Personal Documentary Mom N Dad which received the CNBC TV18 award for Excellence in Documentary Filmmaking. This documentary has also been telecasted twice on CNBC TV18
- Conceptualized and executed the Advertisements for the Ad campaign Psychological Abuse is Domestic Violence. This Advertisement has received the Advertising Club, Bombay’s Trophy
- Received a prize for the Best One Minute Audio-Visual at Sophia Polytechnic, Mumbai
- Lila Poonawalla Scholarship 2010, India
Extra Curricular Activities:
- Reviver/Organizer of the Film Appreciation Society of Fergusson College, Pune, India for the academic year 2005-2006.
- Volunteer with NGO Akanksha which aims at educating underprivileged children in Pune, India.
- Learnt kathak, an Indian Classical Dance form for a period of 6 yrs.
- Played State Level Tennis in India and secured the 14th rank.
- BA Economics - Fergusson College, Pune University
- Diploma Social Communications Media - Sophia Polytechnic, Bombay